Traits of Highly Sensitive People Unveiled
The following traits are those that Highly Sensitive People often share. While you may not resonate with all of the traits listed below it is fairly safe to say you are an HSP if you relate to at least 10-14 of the common and not so common traits below.
- Being more sensitive to the five senses of sight, sound, smell, taste and touch.
- Knowing you have a lower tolerance for stimulation.
- Noticing subtleties in your environment that others may not or may not be bothered by.
- Being more sensitive to electromagnetic energy fields, including the energy fields (auras) of others, especially when in crowds or around troubled individuals.
- Experiencing mood swings from discerning the good, the bad and the in between of people, places, truths, lies, rights and wrongs coming at you from all directions.
- Worrying about many things and being told you are too sensitive or take things too personally and trying to act like everyone else just to fit in, which causes you to lose touch with your true self.
- Being engaged in the arts or healing professions involving emotions.
- Being a natural researcher.
- Being a hardworking, conscientious and precise employee, but uncomfortable when closely supervised.
- You have the utmost respect and appreciation for nature and are often calmed to the core by water, a shower, a fountain, a lake, river or ocean. You enjoy viewing the sun through the leaves of a tree or through nearly closed eyelashes. But, as much as you adore the sun, the brightness, glare, and heat can cause you stress.
- You love spending time alone doing or studying your passions. You may have metaphysical interests that link you even deeper to Spirit.
- You are compelled to see things they way they ought to be or could be in a perfect world. Everything in it's place, so to speak.
- You get angry over unfairness and injustice.
- Clutter and dirt can overwhelm and even immobilized you. For example, a messy house will give a an instant headache.
- Negative words in an argument may make your stomach hurt. This goes along with becoming physically uncomfortable when you feel things are beyond your control.
- Others negativity and emotional pain can drain your energy beyond the ability to cope. It’s not uncommon for you to actually refuse to answer a door or phone to avoid the energies of others.
- You, sometimes, cut people out of your life as a means of self-preservation.
- You have a wonderful, creative and resourceful imagination. You find it easy to meditate. It’s not difficult for you to escape to a secret fantasy world.
- Your dreams often influence your waking life. You may also have prophetic dreams. In fact, you may have Extra Sensory Perception (ESP), be psychic, see ghosts, communicate with the dead, remember past lives, or see the future. You've noticed you can send healing energy through thoughts and prayers.
- You may have a constant dialogue going with the divine. Connection to the spirit, and to God, is very strong, even if not realized.
- You easily understand what the world would be like if everyone acted from their highest selves. You need no societal rules, as you wouldn't break them anyway.
- You feel your life's path must have something to do with solving a problem to make the world a better place, if even on just a small scale and you may have a fear of not getting it 'right' in this lifetime.
- When you think of death, you feel a yearning to go home and wish to set your relationships straight before doing so.
- You share the gifts of free thinking, love, compassion, forgiveness and the idea of service with Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, Mother Theresa and other great humanitarians.
Being a Highly Sensitive People
Jade Disks ~ Jade shares her highly sensitive perspective in her absolutely delightful video! A must see!