Any stress associated with going against your nature is just bad business for reducing signs and symptoms of stress, which is why it is so important to know yourself and live your life according to who you really are.
Some stress triggers are physical (certain foods, drugs, lack of sleep, etc.), while others are emotional (negative emotions, excitement, shock, etc.). By honing in on your personal strengths and weaknesses you will be better equipped to avoid stress related to resisting your true nature or personality.
So, What IS Your True Nature?
As close as I can tell, according to 13 years of research, your true nature comes down to bio-electrics, your physical genetics and your electromagnetic energy field.
Genes are the DNA supplied from your parents before you were born, which determined your inner and outer structure. As part of your structure you received amygdalae, two tiny organs in your brain with prehistoric, aquatic origins, which I whimsically refer to as your inner fish. Your amygdalae are responsible for the handling of your emotions and are affected by your electromagnetic energy field.
Your electromagnetic energy field is made up of about 3 volts of electricity and oscillates at a certain frequency or vibration. It is your electromagnetic energy field that sustains your life and is the reason why, if you had a major heart attack, you would be resuscitated with electricity. Your electromagnetic energy field can be, either, charged or drained depending on many factors, such as lifestyle or illness. Some refer to the electromagnetic energy field as the aura or spirit,
Your electromagnetic energy field also radiates various colors and hues, some more dominant than others. There's a whole science behind this, but, in short, your dominant color determines your nature or personality, which has much to do with your inner fish, your amygdalae.
Discovering Your True Color
You'll find my FREE Aura Energy Self-Test below. It is comprised of seven sections, each containing eleven questions. You will answer each question with one of the following statements.
Every So Often/Sometimes
There are no wrong answers on this test. Your answers are based on how you feel right now today, this very moment, or perhaps over the past couple of weeks.
DO NOT give yourself an "Always" point if you can respond with "Never, Rarely, Hardly Ever, Every So Often, Sometimes or Usually". Be completely honest. If you are normally a 'Type A' workaholic, but for the past few days more quiet and subdued don't answer with "Always".
Grab a piece of paper and something to write with. Draw 7 horizontal lines across the page. At the top, from left to right (in equal distances apart) write the numbers 1-11, just as shown on the score sheet (below).
Record how many times you circled ‘Often/Usually/Always’ in Parts 1 through 7 on the test.
For example, if you circled ‘Often/Usually/Always’ eight times in Part 7, you would then go to Part 7 on your test results sheet and circle the eighth star to the right on that line (see below).
Continue on this way for all seven parts of the test. When you are finished, connect the dots (your scores). Your highest score represents your true color at this time.
The Aura Energy Self-Test
1. Sitting still can be annoying. I'd rather be up, doing something, or exercising. 2. Finances and making money is a focus for me most of the time. 3. I feel strongly about my beliefs and don't like them questioned. 4. Whatever activity I choose to do, I work at it very hard. 5. I prefer to experience things in life, rather than just talk about them. 6. I feel more confident and prefer to work physically, with my hands or my body. 7. It is important to me to see quick results, which sometimes makes me hurry projects. 8. When something needs doing, I don't procrastinate. I dive in and get it done! 9. I am sexual and a healthy sex life is extremely important to me. 10. I am normally resourceful and find ways of working with what I have. 11. I tend to become irritated, volatile or overwhelmed with relationship complexities.
1. I am able to choose my own path in life and do my own thing. 2. It is important to me to feel connected to others emotionally. 3. I have, or would like to have, an unusual job or career. 4. Personal independence and freedom are important to me. 5. I have to admit, I am a bit of a thrill seeker. 6. My personal self-esteem is directly influenced my relationships. 7. Making a first impression is paramount! 8. I almost always keep my home and my work environment tidy and clean. 9. I feel better when the things I own are of higher quality. 10. Sex is fun and a pleasure for me. 11. I help my guests feel as comfortable in my home as I am.
1. I enjoy finding new solutions, organizing and planning strategies. 2. I laugh, play nearly every day and enjoy bringing humor to situations. 3. Intellectual conversations stimulate me and I enjoy them immensely. 4. In general, I dislike taking orders from anyone, no matter how nicely put. 5. I am sunny and joyful most of the time. 6. I take great pride in those things that I am expert at, or know much about. 7. It is important that I remain in control of my job, relationships, and life. 8. I am often preoccupied with my own thoughts and details. 9. Although I can be very competitive, I am always very fair as well. 10. I am physically sensitive to stressful people and situations. 11. I have a tendency to over analyze everything and not know how I feel.
1. I prefer to be an observer rather than a doer, at social gatherings. 2. I enjoy teaching or presenting new ideas and information to people and groups. 3. I tend to be a perfectionist and I am extremely efficient and organized. 4. I see patterns in situations and easily compute the end result in my mind. 5. I genuinely care about humanitarian and environmental issues. 6. I prefer to plan or manage, rather than actually perform the work. 7. I have so many talents that it is hard to know which to focus on. 8. Because of my need to be liked, I sometimes attract negative, abusive people. 9. It is important to me to understand my life’s purpose or calling. 10. I get really irritated with others who don't do things as well as I do. 11. I am usually open to change, but need time to feel things out first.
1. It is important to me that others close to me believe in God and love. 2. I enjoy being with family and friends on pretty much a daily basis. 3. I am more concerned about others than myself and constantly look for ways to help. 4. I have trouble telling people, "No." even when I would really like to. 5. Love and affection are more important than sex or passion. 6. I enjoy graceful sports such as ice skating and skiing, even if just to watch. 7. When group decisions are made, I strongly prefer that all agree. 8. I laugh and cry easily when I am emotional. 9. I am a natural parent, nurturer and caretaker. 10. I have trouble asking for what I need emotionally or physically. 11. I try to avoid conflict like the plague and have a hard time with it.
1. I often ask people to do things differently than the way they have in the past. 2. I rarely feel the need to be governed by rules, as I would not break them anyway. 3. I am deeply committed, in my heart, to a few close friends. 4. I am sexual, sensitive, and intuitive all at the same time. 5. I relish having time alone, to myself, to pursue the topics of my interest. 6. I have very high expectations. Love, loyalty, and trust mean everything to me. 7. I feel overwhelmed and exhausted by crowds and bright, noisy places. 8. I feel familiar with the things I learn, as if I've already learned them somehow. 9. I prefer to express myself through artistic avenues, rather than physically or verbally. 10. I have high moral standards and unique viewpoints that some others don't share. 11. I need the freedom to live out my inner beliefs, morals and values.
1. I am interested in metaphysical topics, such as angels, auras, and oracles. 2. I feel driven to follow my vision, even when it seems impossible. 3. Not being able to follow my calling leaves me bitter and angry. 4. I believe in signs and see connections and messages in everything around me. 5. Though I feel something of a loner, I often end up the center of attention. 6. I quickly and intuitively catch on to different philosophies and ancient ideas. 7. I love talking to new people, one on one, about my dreams and ideals. 8. I am a natural researcher and often see signs and connections that others miss. 9. I am much more passionate and emotional than I let the world know. 10. I have a really hard time with those who would criticize or laugh at my values. 11. I need to make a noticeable and positive difference in the world.
Interpreting Your Aura Test Score Results
Where your numbers tally on the Aura Energy Self-Test Score Sheet reflect the size of your aura. It is not uncommon to find all the colors of your aura either above, or below, the mid-point. It is typical to find scores, both, below and above the midpoint (6), which represents a medium sized aura. When all test scores fall under the midpoint (6), it reflects a smaller aura, while scores that all fall above the midpoint are larger.
Small Auras have lower energy levels, which mean lower physical energy levels as well. Those with smaller auras are often seen as timid and more introverted.
Medium Auras although having a strong presence and brilliant color. Those with medium auras sometimes lose focus, but can achieve goals by focusing more.
Large Auras are powerful and radiant. You can actually feel strength radiating from these folks. They often use their magnetism and charisma to achieve their dreams.
Your Aura’s Yin & Yang Balance
Yin represents the feminine (more receptive) in all things. Yang represents masculine (more outgoing) in all things. Just as each physical, individual body on earth contains male and female hormones, auras contain male and female aspects as well. Cooler colors are Yin, more emotional, and receptive. Warmer colors are Yang, more physical, and active. Just as we need to find balance in other areas, such as diet, work, and relaxation, it is helpful to keep balance between Yin and Yang in our auras as well.
Interpreting Individual Chakra Energy Levels
Each color on the Aura Energy Self-Test Score Sheet relates to a particular chakra energy center. Once again, find the midpoint (6) on the score sheet. Chakra energy levels above 6 on the graph are considerably higher (brighter) than scores to the left, which represent lower (duller) chakra energy levels.
8 - 11 Points = High Energy Level Score
4.5 – 7.5 Points = Medium Energy Level Score
1 – 4 Points = Low Energy Level Score
The following interpretations of High, Medium and Low chakra energy levels can help you to even better understand your chakra energy wellness level test scores.
Violet ~ The 7th Path – Sense of Spirit – The Spiritual Pathway
High: Spiritual qualities, intuitive, charismatic, and visionary.
Medium: Imaginative, futuristic, mystical, and spiritual.
Low: The need for purpose, vision, and direction in life.
Indigo ~ The 6th Path – Sense of Intuition
High: Highly intuitive, studious, artistic, calm, and introverted.
Medium: Deep inner feelings, average intuitive and artistic abilities.
Low: The need to listen to the inner voice and clarify values.
Blue ~ The 5th Path – Sense of Sound
High: Strong verbal expression of thoughts and emotions.
Medium: Medium communicative qualities, and very sensitive.
Low: Prone to limit emotional and verbal expression.
Green ~ The 4th Path – Sense of Touch
High: Very empathic, sensitive, loving and compassionate.
Medium: Medium communicative, caring, and sensitive qualities.
Low: The need to be able to open the heart and share more deeply.
Yellow ~ The 3rd Path – Sense of Sight
High: Highly intellectual and analytical, curious, playful.
Medium: Medium intellectual, analytical, and easy going.
Low: Intellectual and analytical with the need to increase joy.
Orange ~ The 2nd Path – Sense of Taste
High: Strongly productive, emotional expression.
Medium: Medium productivity and enjoyment, analytical, structured.
Low: The need to utilize talents and increase emotional expression.
Red ~ The 1st Path – Sense of Smell - The Physical Pathway
High: Very radiant qualities, such as passion, determination and stamina.
Medium: Medium life energy, physically active, competitive, strong will power.
Although The Aura Energy Self-Test Score Sheet midpoint can help you to determine chakra energy levels, it is always up to you to determine whether you feel energy balancing is in need or not. Use your own judgment. If you feel calm and balanced, do nothing.
To learn more about your dominating color's strengths and weakness, as well as potential stress triggers, clicking on the color that represents your highest score below.
Should you have a tied score (more than one matching high score) simply take a peek at both personalities to see which one you are spending most of your energy on. Meaning, which one you relate to the most.
If you have been feeling fatigued, irritable, sad, or hypersensitive, utilizing the color therapy energy balancing remedies made available for you in the Aura Color Personality Reports, which are available in my e-book below, can begin to help you to recharge your overall aura and to reduce and even erase these negative feelings.
The Aura Energy Self-Test & Aura Color Personality Reports for HSPs
Discover your aura color personalities strengths and weaknesses, sense-based activities, and associated natural remedies for balancing your energy for health and wellness!
The Aura Energy Self-Test is devised to retake at any time you feel a negative emotional or physical shift and would like to know why, as well as what you might do to to get re-energized.
My e-book includes the Aura Energy Self-Test information presented above, as well as 7 Aura Color Personality Reports. One of these personality reports is yours and includes not just information about your true nature, but sense-based, energy balancing remedies just for you, such as foods, herbs, essential oils, stones and crystals and guided color meditations.
Sharing The Aura Energy Self-Test & Aura Color Personality Reports for HSPs with others is an excellent way to better understand your relationships and set healthy personal boundaries.